District Formation Process
Establishing the Shoreline District was a multi-step public process that relied on input and feedback from the general public, key stakeholders, consultants, and agency partners.
An eligibility study completed in October 2017 determined that the Shoreline Urban Renewal District met state statue requirements and was eligible for urban renewal. Boise City Council adopted the Eligibility Report and directed Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC) to begin the formation process to create the Shoreline District. The formation process included conducting an economic feasibility study, infrastructure deficiency assessment, and a public improvements master plan.
During the district’s term, the neighborhood will benefit from CCDC’s ability to assist in economic development projects, make infrastructure improvements, implement mobility initiatives, and create placemaking projects.
- October 9, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Shoreline Eligibility Report
- October 17, 2017 City Council Approves Shoreline Eligibility Report, RES-541-17
- December 11, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Open Land Addendum to Shoreline Eligibility Report
- December 19, 2017 City Council Approves Open Land Addendum to Shoreline Eligibility Report, RES-666-17
- March 12, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Consultant Urban Planning Services
- May 3, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Public Open House #1, Introduction to Shoreline Study Area. CTA Architects located at 800 W Main St #800, Boise, ID 83702.
- June 7, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Public Open House #2, Shoreline Public Improvements Alternatives. Trademark Design and Fabrication located at 915 W Royal Blvd, Boise, ID 83706.
- Virtual Public Open House #2, Shoreline Public Improvements Alternatives, Thursday, June 7. Click HERE for more information.
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Informational Update, Shoreline Urban Planning, June 11, 2018, 12:00 pm
- Public Open House #3, August 15, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Idaho Associated General Contractors located at 1649 Shoreline Dr #100, Boise ID 83702
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Informational Update Shoreline Urban Framework & Shoreline Feasibility Study August 13, 2018, 12:00 pm
- City Council Review, Shoreline Urban Framework, late August
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Action Item, Approve Shoreline Urban Renewal Plan, October 8, 2018, 12:00 pm
- Revised Legal Notices Published in the Idaho Statesman, November 2, 2018
- City Planning and Zoning Commissioner Resolution, Approved Shoreline Urban Renewal Plan conformance with City General Plan, November 5, 2018
- City Council Public Hearings, First Reading – Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, December 4, 2018
- City Council Public Hearings, Second Reading – Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, December 11, 2018
- City Council Public Hearings, Third Reading – Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, December 18, 2018