District Formation Process
Establishing the Shoreline District is a multi-step public process that relies on input and feedback from the general public, key stakeholders, consultants, and agency partners.
A six-month eligibility study completed in October 2017 has determined that the Shoreline Study Area meets state statue requirements and is eligible for urban renewal. Boise City Council adopted the Eligibility Report and directed Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC) to begin the formation process to create the Shoreline District. The formation process includes conducting an economic feasibility study, infrastructure deficiency assessment, and a public improvements master plan. Information from all of these efforts will be reviewed with the public and then compiled into an Urban Renewal Plan for consideration and possible adoption by the Boise City Council and the CCDC Board of Commissioners in the fall of 2018.
If adopted by Boise City and recorded with Ada County in 2018, as anticipated, the proposed Shoreline District will take effect January 1, 2019 and remain an active district for 20 years. During the district’s term, the neighborhood will benefit from CCDC’s ability to assist in economic development projects, make infrastructure improvements, implement mobility initiatives, and create placemaking projects.
Public Process to Date
- October 9, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Shoreline Eligibility Report
- October 17, 2017 City Council Approves Shoreline Eligibility Report, RES-541-17
- December 11, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Open Land Addendum to Shoreline Eligibility Report
- December 19, 2017 City Council Approves Open Land Addendum to Shoreline Eligibility Report, RES-666-17
- March 12, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Consultant Urban Planning Services
- May 3, 2018 from 5pm to 7pm Public Open House #1, Introduction to Shoreline Study Area. CTA Architects located at 800 W Main St #800, Boise, ID 83702
Check here to find information about upcoming public meetings. Updates will be posted as dates, times, and locations are confirmed.
- Public Open House #2, Shoreline Public Improvements Alternatives, Thursday, June 7 from 5pm to 7pm, at Trademark Design and Fabrication located at 915 W Royal Blvd, Boise, ID 83706. Click HERE for more information.
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Informational Update, Shoreline Urban Planning, (tentative) June 11, 2018, 12:00pm
- Public Open House #3 (tentative) June 12 time and location TBD
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Action Item, Approve Shoreline Urban Framework, (tentative) July 9, 2018, 12:00pm
- City Council Resolution, Approve Shoreline Urban Framework, (tentative) July 17, 2018, 6:00pm
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Action Item, Approve Shoreline Urban Renewal Plan, (tentative) August 13, 2018, 12:00pm
- City Planning and Zoning Commission Resolution, Approve Shoreline Urban Renewal Plan conformance with City General Plan, (tentative) September 10, 2018, 6:00pm
- City Council Public Hearing, First Reading of Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, (tentative) September 18, 2018, 6:00pm
- City Council Public Hearing, Second Reading of Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, (tentative) September 25, 2018, 12:00pm
- City Council Public Hearing, Third Reading of Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, (tentative) October 2, 2018, 6:00pm