District Formation Process
Establishing the Shoreline District is a multi-step public process that relies on input and feedback from the general public, key stakeholders, consultants, and agency partners.
A six-month eligibility study completed in October 2017 has determined that the Shoreline Study Area meets state statue requirements and is eligible for urban renewal. Boise City Council adopted the Eligibility Report and directed Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC) to begin the formation process to create the Shoreline District. The formation process includes conducting an economic feasibility study, infrastructure deficiency assessment, and a public improvements master plan. Information from all of these efforts will be reviewed with the public and then compiled into an Urban Renewal Plan for consideration and possible adoption by the Boise City Council and the CCDC Board of Commissioners in the fall of 2018.
If adopted by Boise City and recorded with Ada County in 2018, as anticipated, the proposed Shoreline District will take effect January 1, 2019 and remain an active district for 20 years. During the district’s term, the neighborhood will benefit from CCDC’s ability to assist in economic development projects, make infrastructure improvements, implement mobility initiatives, and create placemaking projects.
Public Process to Date
- October 9, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Shoreline Eligibility Report
- October 17, 2017 City Council Approves Shoreline Eligibility Report, RES-541-17
- December 11, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Open Land Addendum to Shoreline Eligibility Report
- December 19, 2017 City Council Approves Open Land Addendum to Shoreline Eligibility Report, RES-666-17
- March 12, 2017 CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Consultant Urban Planning Services
- May 3, 2018 from 5pm to 7pm Public Open House #1, Introduction to Shoreline Study Area. CTA Architects located at 800 W Main St #800, Boise, ID 83702.
- June 7, 2018 from 5pm to 7pm Public Open House #2, Shoreline Public Improvements Alternatives. Trademark Design and Fabrication located at 915 W Royal Blvd, Boise, ID 83706.
- Virtual Public Open House #2, Shoreline Public Improvements Alternatives, Thursday, June 7. Click HERE for more information.
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Informational Update, Shoreline Urban Planning, June 11, 2018 12:00pm.
- Public Open House #3, August 15, 2018 from 5pm to 7pm at Idaho Associated General Contractors located at 1649 Shoreline Dr #100, Boise ID 83702.
Check here to find information about upcoming public meetings. Updates will be posted as dates, times, and locations are confirmed.
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Informational Update Shoreline Urban Framework & Shoreline Feasibility Study August 13, 2018 12:00pm
- City Council Review, Shoreline Urban Framework, (tentative) late August
- CCDC Board of Commissioners Action Item, Approve Shoreline Urban Renewal Plan, (tentative) September 10, 12:00pm
- City Planning and Zoning Commission Resolution, Approve Shoreline Urban Renewal Plan conformance with City General Plan, (tentative) September 17, 2018, 6:00pm
- City Council Public Hearing, First Reading of Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, (tentative) October 16, 2018
- City Council Public Hearing, Second Reading of Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, (tentative) lateOctober
- City Council Public Hearing, Third Reading of Urban Renewal Plan Ordinance, (tentative) early November